• Read scripts and anticipate/plan budgets for future Triad Stage productions
• Work with Managing Director and General Manager in the planning and implementation of production budgets after productions have been confirmed
• Communicate budgets to departments heads and provide guidance with the same
• Track and maintain production budgets, providing management and support to staff with accurate forecasts and expenditure sheets
• Arrange for purchase of production items needed for Triad Stage productions and facilitate payment, shipment, etc.
• Approve and submit all production invoices to General Manager for payment
• Reconcile expenditures with General Manager
• Supervise all production staff including Technical Director, Master Carpenter, Costume Shop Manager, Assistant Costume Shop Manager, Props Master, Scenic Artist, Master Electrician, Sound Supervisor and members of Professional Training Program (Apprentices in Production Management, Stage Management, Carpentry, Props, Costumes, Lighting, Sound)
• Collect and approve timesheets for hourly employees before submission to General Manager for payment
• Hire and manage production staff, production apprentice positions, run crew and overhire as needed
• Attend SETC/ USITT Job Fairs when schedule & budget permits
• Produce season production calendar & distribute
• Serve as liaison between production staff, designers, directors and administrative staff regarding due dates, expectations, etc.
• Coordinate technical rehearsal calendar/schedule in concert with show stage manager and other staff
• Facilitate use/maintenance of shop vehicles in concert with Company Manager
• Coordinate with Facilities and Rentals Coordinator the logistics and staffing of special events in the Triad Stage building, on the Mainstage or in the Cabaret
• Plan/implement Company-wide meetings with General Manager
• Coordinate production needs with Marketing and Development departments
• Ensure designer seats for previews and opening
• Attend all Triad Stage staff meetings, production meetings and special strategic planning meetings as needed
• Update/maintain current job descriptions/ads in concert with General Manager
• Distribute/collect tax forms and other necessary documents from new staff & perform required training
• Observe/provide feedback on job performance
• Provide support to Facilities and Rental coordinator in interfacing with props and costumes rental clients
• Assist Facilities and Rentals Coordinator with coordination of minor facility repairs as needed
Reports to: Founding Artistic Director and Founding Managing Director
Triad Stage has a core value of Inclusion and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. Full time with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. For consideration please send cover letter, resume, and references to Theater@triadstage.org.
Assistant Costume Shop Manager
Triad Stage, a celebrated LORT Theatre in Greensboro, NC, seeks a candidate for Assistant Costume Shop Manager to begin August 1. Beginning its 17th season, Triad Stage produces eight plays in two theatres in Greensboro and nearby Winston-Salem, NC and is a highly collaborative, artist driven company. The Asst. Costume Shop Manager assist with the execution of costume designs for all productions and with the day to day management of the costume shop. The ideal candidate will be a strong collaborator and creative problem solver. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: Maintaining department budgets; assisting in the supervision, education and management of costume department staff including apprentices and overhire; reading scripts to determine the costume needs of each production; assisting in fabricating patterns by draping or flat pattern making; assisting in determining materials needs for each garment; altering costumes as necessary; providing rehearsal costumes; attending all production meetings and technical rehearsals. Qualifications include BFA or BA in technical theatre, or combination of degree and commensurate professional experience; command of basic theatrical stitching and pattern making techniques; basic knowledge of Microsoft Office suite; basic knowledge of theatrical period and styles; knowledge of rigging costumes for quick changes; strong commitment to safety in the workplace. This is a full time, seasonal position with a 41 week contract paid hourly, benefits package is offered in addition to compensation. Triad Stage has a core value of inclusion and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Thank you for your interest in Triad Stage. We are unable to accept unsolicited scripts at this time. Due to the volume of material we consider each year Triad Stage only accepts play submissions from playwrights, agents, and theatre artists with whom we have an existing professional relationship. Unsolicited scripts will be returned when there is a SASE enclosed; those without a SASE will be recycled.
Please note that Triad Stage does not provide any comments or suggestions about work that we do not intend to develop or produce. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email Kamilah Bush, Artistic Apprentice.
There are no scheduled auditions at this time. Please continue to check back for upcoming audition opportunities. If you have any questions please email Kamilah Bush, Artistic Apprentice.