• Read scripts and anticipate/plan budgets for future Triad Stage productions
• Work with Founding Managing Director and General Manager in the planning and implementation of production budgets after productions have been confirmed
• Communicate budgets to departments heads and provide guidance with the same
• Track and maintain production budgets, providing management and support to staff with accurate forecasts and expenditure sheets
• Arrange for purchase of production items needed for Triad Stage productions and facilitate payment, shipment, etc.
• Approve and submit all production invoices to General Manager for payment
• Reconcile expenditures with General Manager
• Supervise all production staff including Technical Director, Master Carpenter, Costume Shop Manager, Assistant Costume Shop Manager, Props Master, Scenic Artist, Master Electrician, Sound Supervisor and members of Professional Training Program (Apprentices in Production Management/Stage Management, Carpentry, Props, Lighting/Sound, and Costumes)
• Collect and approve timesheets for hourly employees before submission to General Manager for payment
• Hire and manage production staff, production apprentice positions, run crew and overhire as needed
• Attend SETC/ USITT Job Fairs when schedule & budget permits
• Produce season production calendar & distribute
• Serve as liaison between production staff, designers, directors and administrative staff regarding due dates, expectations, etc.
• Coordinate technical rehearsal calendar/schedule in concert with show stage manager and other staff
• Facilitate use/maintenance of shop vehicles in concert with Company Manager
• Coordinate with Facilities and Rentals Coordinator the logistics and staffing of special events in the Triad Stage building, on the Mainstage or in the Cabaret
• Plan/implement Company-wide meetings with General Manager
• Coordinate production needs with Marketing and Development departments
• Ensure designer seats for previews and opening
• Attend all Triad Stage staff meetings, production meetings and special strategic planning meetings as needed
• Update/maintain current job descriptions/ads in concert with General Manager
• Distribute/collect tax forms and other necessary documents from new staff & perform required training
• Observe/provide feedback on job performance
• Provide support to Facilities and Rental coordinator in interfacing with props and costumes rental clients
• Assist Facilities and Rentals Coordinator with coordination of minor facility repairs as needed
Reports to: Founding Artistic Director and Founding Managing Director
Triad Stage has a core value of Inclusion and is actively seeking to diversify its staff. Full time with benefits. Salary commensurate with experience. For consideration please send cover letter, resume, and references to Theater@triadstage.org.
Thank you for your interest in Triad Stage. We are unable to accept unsolicited scripts at this time. Due to the volume of material we consider each year Triad Stage only accepts play submissions from playwrights, agents, and theatre artists with whom we have an existing professional relationship. Unsolicited scripts will be returned when there is a SASE enclosed; those without a SASE will be recycled.
Please note that Triad Stage does not provide any comments or suggestions about work that we do not intend to develop or produce. If you have any questions or need additional information, please email Kamilah Bush, Artistic Apprentice.
We do not currently have any auditions scheduled. Please check back for future auditions.